We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Software Developer for our team in Bangalore.
In our Chef Product Group (now part of Progress Software), we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the architecture team in the Core C/Chef Product Group, you will be the critical security liaison between stakeholders including Product Management, Engineering, customers, and our corporate security teams.
- Advocate for best practices and ensure requirements are met in our development and SRE teams.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to evaluate and prioritize security improvements.
- Lead the response to security reports and incidents involving our products and services.
- Respond to customer security questions and concerns specific to our products and services.
- Monitor third-party risk assessments and assist in performing internal risk assessments.
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of five years of experience in an information security role
- You have experience performing security control assessments and audits
- You have advanced knowledge of security standards and frameworks
- You have experience implementing and executing security incident response
- You have strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have consistently high levels of teamwork and professionalism and a passion for cyber security and knowledge sharing.
- You are a self-starter with ability to work independently, multi-task and adjust to shifting priorities
- You have strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners
- You have knowledge and understanding of FISMA, NIST and SOC-2 information security standards
- You have working knowledge of common IT security-related regulations and/or standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley and ISO highly desired
- You hold at least one industry certification (e.g. CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, ISAAP)
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!