We have an excellent opportunity for an exceptional, experienced individual who enjoys thinking on their feet and isn’t afraid to talk to developers, marketers and strategic business owners alike, to join our growing sales engineering team as a Senior Presales Engineer. In this role you will support the local sales team, focusing primarily on the needs of our partners Chanel across Asia around our industry leading Mobile Development, Data Connectivity and CMS solutions.
In this role, you will get to show-off your coding skills, to develop and deliver compelling product demos, provide hands-on technical assistance as we focus on innovative and interesting sales opportunities, and will take time to mentor and support the technical resources within our strategic and high-end partners as well as position our products and services to select direct customers.
Some of the activities you will perform include:
- Understanding, documenting and developing strategic plans for our partners’ technical needs in the Mobile, Data Connectivity and CMS space.
- Working to create and deliver compelling Technical software demonstrations, Proof-Of-Concepts and working collaboratively with your International Presales peers and Product Development teams to produce exceptional technical solutions to our customers’ business problems
- Building customized product demonstrations based on customers' specific needs including leading edge tech such as mobile, data connectivity, CMS, web, IoT and Chatbots
- Crafting and delivering online webinars, technical blog writing and attending other regional and international marketing events
- Providing technical guidance to the local sales team, partners and direct customers throughout the sales cycle
- Identifying and mapping customers’ technical challenges and needs to design a customized selling strategy
- Working with clients to identify problems and suggest appropriate corrective measures in existing installations, to identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Positioning other products from the Progress portfolio of products and services throughout the sales cycle based on customer need
- Providing customers with up to date information about product roadmaps and working with Product Management to be the "voice of the customer"
- Building your own personal training plan to facilitate ongoing personal growth and professional development to enhance your own skills and marketability
- Cover strategic partners and customers throughout Asia, becoming their trusted advisor around their tailored technology strategy
To help you identify if this is the right opportunity for you, please consider the following check-points of the type of persona we’re looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- A background in industry leading MADP Mobile Development Platforms with a view to champion the Progress Kinvey, NativeScript and NativeChat product offerings
- Object Oriented Programming experience (in Java or .NET) with a view to learning our industry leading data connectivity and CMS products
- Understanding of database technologies including exposure to Relational, Big Data and NoSQL cloud and on-premises data storage
- A comfortable working knowledge of SQL including ODBC, JDBC and OData data-sources
- Exposure to emerging technology trends such as Chatbots, AR and IoT
- Previous background in a technical customer-oriented position preferred though not essential
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in the delivery of complex technical and sales-oriented presentations – full Demo2Win training will be given
- Self-driven personality who enjoys working with people and solving tangible business need
- Excellent English – both spoken and written
If you’re a person who is self-sufficient, who likes to innovate and who loves to have fun while exploring solutions to customer challenges; if you enjoy working collaboratively in an internationally dispersed and diverse team in a company recognized for its state of the art technology, then this is a great opportunity to enhance your career.
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.