We are looking for an exceptional, experienced person to join our growing sales engineering team. As a Senior Sales Engineer you will partner with sales to identify customer needs, present the full breadth of the Cognitive App platform & core Progress products focusing on Predictive Maintenance in Manufacturing.
You will develop and deliver compelling product demos, provide technical sales support in driving new customers and actively be engaged with partner enablement – our main channel to market in the South ASIA region.
The goal of this role is to provide a highly technical, customized, high-touch sales experience for the Progress Cognitive Application vision and supporting products. If you are passionate about cutting edge cognitive technologies, particularly in the Predictive Maintenance space, and want to see this tangibly impact strategic enterprises and partners, we want to hear from you!
About Progress Cognitive First and Predictive Maintenance:
Our goal is to transform how businesses use emerging Cognitive Technology particularly in the space of Anomaly Detection within Manufacturing. We do this by providing solutions that automate data science function enabling asset-intensive organizations to gain exceptional control over the torrent of sensor data coming from every machine – resulting in improved quality, optimised scheduling and fast time to market for manufactured goods. This predictive maintenance is further complimented by offering automated decisions, mobile interaction and emerging IoT and Chat technologies.
You know how to effectively uncover an enterprise organization’s goals and challenges, and understand their technical environment:
You have experience working with cutting-edge cognitive technology and business leaders to understand their needs. You can lead technical discovery sessions and build rapport with prospects, while gleaning deep insights into their business and environment.
You know how to convey a technical value proposition:
You like getting deep into a product to understand how it works and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others. You are comfortable taking ownership of demos, workshops, enablement sessions and POCs. You love taking what you learn from customers & partners and feeding it back to the product, marketing, and sales teams.
You know how to partner with direct sales pros:
You’ve been an SE before, or have been in a customer facing consulting/services role, and have a good feel for when to talk and when to listen. You’re able to take cues from your Sales Director to effectively balance the conversation for all types of customers. You like being the technical subject matter expert and know when -- and how -- to effectively interject your knowledge and expertise into a conversation.
You can get deep into “tech talk”
Whether it’s a business line owner, an IT professional, or an engineer, you can get into the weeds on how we solve problems and create a value proposition, and also get out. You’re comfortable communicating over the phone, in-person, and in writing (including SOWs & RFIs).
You like to code:
While you’re thrilled that coding isn’t your full time job, the opportunity to hack together prototypes as part of a sales campaign is quite welcome. Breaking out your coding skills to wow a client with a slick client application, deliver a pitch-perfect POC, or prove that that pesky integration is actually a piece of cake are your favorite party tricks.
You’re fascinated by Cognition:
Enterprise businesses are just beginning to realize the power of Cognitive Applications including advanced Mobile and Chat technologies and how complex it is to “do it right” across devices, platforms and the wider enterprise. The thought of helping businesses succeed with their cognitive strategy and execution is deeply appealing.
We love what we do. You should, too!
- 2+ years of Enterprise SE experience, or equivalent consulting experience
- Data Science background ideally with manufacturing industry knowledge
- Experience working with a range of common Enterprise technologies (e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM, HP, Microsoft, Salesforce) and architectures / technologies (SOA, Client-Server, ESBs, API Management)
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to interact with developers, architects, business owners, and end users
- Sufficient experience and aptitude with cognition and emerging trends to speak credibly about what it is, how it is expected to impact business and other relevant technologies and trends
- Ability to gracefully handle and address customer questions and issues on the fly and to be innovative in solving customer challenges
- Ability to collaboratively troubleshoot issues and drive resolutions with Support and Product Management
- Experience partnering with Partner Enablement to drive enablement plans and successfully co-ordinate appropriate resources as required
- Willingness to travel across the South ASIA region plus occasional travel to Europe and the Americas as required
- You have a CS degree
- You’ve built a mobile app
- You have experience working with customers in the manufacturing space
- You’ve presented technical ideas at conferences, seminars and/or webinars
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!