We're Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. We are looking for a Sales Engineer to support our sales efforts in Australia and New Zealand.
Progress has been delivering the platform and tools that organizations need to develop and deploy mission-critical business applications for 40 years. Progress customers span the globe and include thousands of partners that build their business application offerings on Progress and tens of thousands of organizations using Progress to build their own mission-critical applications.
Our Australia team is growing, and we are looking for candidates who enjoy a fast-paced environment within a fun and dynamic team setting -we have an excellent opportunity for an exceptional Sales Engineer with a background in IT/Business Systems/Marketing technology, along with four years plus experience in a software vendor or agency role. You will be working predominantly with our sales team partners, as well as direct for clients focussing on the Progress DX product family (Sitefinity/Nativechat/MOVEit/Corticon).Some of the activities you will perform include:
To help you identify if this is the right opportunity for you, please consider the following check-points of the type of persona we're looking for:
- Working alongside business development in creating technical solutions for prospective customers in the mid-market to enterprise space
- Building customized and contextual product demonstrations based on customers' specific needs
- Crafting and delivering online webinars, blog writing and attending regional and international marketing events
- Assist with the creation of technical solution architecture for new client projects in collaboration with the local sales team, partners, product teams, and direct customers throughout the sales cycle
- Mapping Progress products and product features to customer pain point to tangible, measurable benefits that enable a value-based selling strategy.
- Work with clients to ensure success and to identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Position other Progress portfolio products and services, wherever possible throughout the customer and prospect base.
- Providing customers information regarding product roadmaps, become the "voice of the customer" to internal Product Management teams.
- Work alongside strategic partners and customers, becoming their trusted advisor for Progress DX and related technologies.
If you're a person who is self-sufficient, who can quickly adapt to different environments in order to provide contextual consultative support to sales initiatives; if you enjoy working collaboratively across an internationally dispersed and diverse team, then this is a great opportunity to enhance your career.#LI-SR1
- DX background, ideal vendor, or agency side
- Strong sales acumen, with the ability to drive value-based selling around complex solution
- Degree in Computer Science\Marketing\Similar or relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing technology
- Excellent presentation skills, along with "story-telling."
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written
- Self-driven, pro-active individual who enjoys making a difference.
- Hands-on experience with WCMS/DXP working in a digital agency or consulting environment
- Past experience including project lead or customer-facing solution.
- Strong understanding of SAAS/PAAS.
- Certification with Microsoft Azure.