We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Sales Engineer for our Chef product group working out of your home office, and due to territory handled those in PST or MST zones will be preferred.
Chef Software (now part of Progress Software Corporation) is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
With our Chef product group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day are built, deployed, secured, and run with our technologies.
The Sales Engineer lives and works in the intersection between sales and engineering. You are able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business and technical levels. Sales Engineers are the primary technical support for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
You are self-motivated with a proven track record in a senior technical position such as a systems engineer, software engineer or sales engineering. You are comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. You are organized and analytical, and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Some travel may be needed based on the needs of the business.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Deliver great product demonstrations which tell a story of how our software contributes value to our customers and prospects
- Represent Chef and our solutions to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, MeetUps, etc.
- Keep current on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries
- Act in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account
- Clearly articulate customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Frequently travel throughout sales territory without restriction, sometimes with little notice
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with one or more cloud platforms. This includes, but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP or VMware
- Person must have federal level security clearance already in place
- Practical knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- CI/CD tooling experience a plus
- Recent hands on experience in systems engineering/administration and/or software development
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles
- Work directly with customers while showing commitment to their success
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Experience and familiarity of Chef's solutions a huge plus but not required
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.