We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior QAD Consultant working out of your US based home office.JOB SUMMARY:
As a Senior Consultant with Progress, you will be a key contributor to the success of our QAD practice. To be successful in this role, you have a strong understanding of QAD. You have first-hand experience implementing QAD or a similar ERP system and in a manufacturing organization. Your role would be to lead customers and users through a review of their current business processes, identify any needs and/or gaps, and assist them in upgrades or the addition of new functionality. Key responsibilities would be functional leadership in a QAD implementation using industry best practices including the ability to identify and recommend improvement opportunities that can be gained using the QAD application.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Leading customers in a variety of roles including:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Project Management
- Business Improvement
Additional points for the following (but not required):
- Extensive experience in the QAD and/or Progress community
- Expert level skills with QAD including both Standard Edition (SE) and Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Exposure to QAD non-core ERP modules, including EAM, WMS, and Qxtend, as well as related 3rd Party Applications
- Ability to lead QAD implementations from a functional perspective
- Basic Unix/Linux experience and basic Progress DBA skills
- Manufacturing sector experience required
- Ability to communicate project plans, software applications and analyze business requirements from customers
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Experience with QAD Installations, including YAB, .NET UI and non-core ERP modules
- Experience with Technical upgrades from prior versions of QAD
- QAD Product certifications and/or APICS Industry certifications
- Progress OpenEdge ABL Development (4GL programming) – OpenEdge version 10.x or higher
- Familiarity with Progress Database setup and architecture
- SQL programming
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!