Progress Software, a globally active provider of enterprise systems, Web solutions, and support services is seeking a full-time Senior QAD Consultant. The ideal candidate will be a senior member of the Progress community with extensive experience with QAD in both a technical and functional role.
About the Team:
The Professional Services Team delivers solutions across the entire Progress technology stack. This encompasses all aspects of consulting including but not limited to application development and project management, supplementing staff, UI/UX, troubleshooting, database management, training, CI/CD and much more. The QAD Services team is focused on delivering functional and technical consulting to the QAD end user community for upgrades, implementations, troubleshooting, mentoring, customizations, tuning and a variety of additional value added services. The QAD consulting team has been delivering quality services for over 20 years.
About the Role:
As a Senior Consultant with Progress, you will be a key contributor to the success of our QAD practice. To be successful in this role, you have a strong understanding of QAD. You have first-hand experience implementing QAD or a similar ERP system and in a manufacturing organization. Your role would be to lead customers and users through a review of their current business processes, identify any needs and/or gaps, and assist them in upgrades or the addition of new functionality. Key responsibilities would be functional leadership in a QAD implementation using industry best practices including the ability to identify and recommend improvement opportunities that can be gained using the QAD application.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Leading customers in a variety of roles including:
- 10+ years experience in the QAD and/or Progress community
- Expert level skills with QAD including both Standard Edition (SE) and
- Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Exposure to QAD non-core ERP modules, including EAM, WMS, and Qxtend, as well as related 3rd Party Applications
- Ability to lead QAD implementations from a functional perspective
- Basic Unix/Linux experience and basic Progress DBA skills
- Manufacturing sector experience required
- Ability to communicate project plans, software applications and analyze business requirements from customers
- Experience with QAD Installations, including YAB, .NET UI and non-core ERP modules
- Experience with Technical upgrades from prior versions of QAD
- QAD Product certifications and/or APICS Industry certifications
- Progress OpenEdge ABL Development (4GL programming) – OpenEdge version 10.x or higher
- Familiarity with Progress Database setup and architecture
- SQL programming
- Must be self-directed
- Leadership, project management and excellent interpersonal skills needed
- Travel required, up to 75%
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!