We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for our WhatsUp Gold product group working in either our Alpharetta GA or Bedford MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
WhatsUp Gold allows users to monitor their networks and applications and alert them on any problems that arise. It has integrated mapping and dashboarding, allowing users to get a customized view of their infrastructure. The product is used primarily by system administrators, network administrators, and IT directors.
The Senior Software QA Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing test plans to verify the functionality, stability and performance of new features and products as well as investigating defects found during testing. The Senior Software QA Engineer will also create appropriate regression test suites to validate the overall quality of our products prior to release. Additional responsibilities include identifying test cases for automation along with implementing and executing automated tests. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse and geographically distributed team. The Senior Software QA Engineer aims to assure the highest possible quality of the product. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Participate in Agile Software Development process by working closely with Product Owners, Developers and QA peers within and across the various scrum teams
- Contribute to QA process improvements
- Contribute to continuous integration (CI) efforts by adopting automated test practices, frameworks, and tools, and completing applicable coding and systems engineering assignments
- Investigate defects and define clear steps to reproduce issues. Log issues in the bug tracking system. Synchronize and clarify bug description and severity with the respective software developers. Provide timely validation of fixed defects
- Get to know and use the existing test environment. Adhere to the adopted practices for working with the test environment. Research, suggest and implement improvements on the existing test environment.
- Work with DevOps and IT teams to deploy and implement testing infrastructure and labs.
- Build subject matter expertise in various product domains and utilize this knowledge to propose and implement QA initiatives to improve test efficiency.
- Work in close cooperation with Tech Support Engineers to answer support tickets. Work on complex customer scenarios with minimal assistance from senior colleagues.
The following would be an advantage (though not required):
- 5+ years manual testing of web-based client / server application
- Hands-on experience configuring and administering Microsoft Windows Servers in a test environment
- Ability to configure virtual test environments using VMware and/or Hyper-V
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and familiarity with SNMP, LDAP, HTTP / HTTPS
- Knowledge of the software development process, including Quality Assurance.
- Experience testing applications with MSSQL database backend
- Hands on experience on multiple OS and Browsers
- Experience in network management protocols (SNMP, WMI, SMI-S)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS SDK
- Experience with any of the following tools: Jira, QMetry / QMetry for Jira, Wireshark, Mimic or other device simulation tools, Putty, Syslog, Windows event log, Chrome Developer Tools, and/or AWS and Azure cloud environments
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!