About the Team:
The OpenEdge Database Development team currently has an opening for a QA team member. The Database team is responsible for the internals of the database engine and server, the database management utilities, and interoperability with the OpenEdge language clients. You may work on major sub-systems of the database manager, server operations, status monitoring, or multi-threaded utilities, in functionality supporting availability, scalability, and disaster recovery.
Candidates will work on identifying, creating, automating, and executing test suites and may also assist with ongoing development. Customers leverage OpenEdge to build world-class, robust business applications deployed in on-premise, multi-tier environments as well as SaaS and Cloud deployments. Over 55,000 organizations use our products to operate their businesses.
About the Role:
- Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests
- Work with technical support on escalated customer cases, including reproducing the customer issue in house if required.
- Perform regression and performance testing before releases are shipped to customers.
- Create scripts for advanced tests and environments supporting OpenEdge products and its features.
- Enter any defects found in testing with a clear explanation of the problem and a way for the engineer to reproduce it.
- 5-10 years experience with modern CI processes and tools
- Demonstrated experience with TDD, BDD frameworks
- Previous experience in a Software Engineering role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with database servers, configuration, and internal architecture.
- Experience with both Windows and UNIX platforms
- A passion for quality and delivering world class products.
- Strong desire to mentor others and learn.
- Agile Development process experience
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!