About The Product:Progress® DataDirect® offers unique data connectivity solutions for enterprises needing to better integrate data across Relational, Big Data and Cloud databases. We offer high-performing ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and OData connectivity for any data source on any platform. We lead the space, with 8 of the 9 top BI vendors and 5 of the 6 top data integration tools partners utilizing our technology today.
About The Team:
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Product team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Marketing and working closely with the product marketing team. You will focus on the Progress Data Direct product line in a strategic role that defines the WHO, the WHY and the HOW of your product within the market, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with the product management, global field marketing and sales team in executing a winning GTM strategy selling to enterprise organizations and establishing OEM partnerships.
About the Role:
- GTM Strategy: Develop an overall business GTM strategy for data connectivity solutions, working with cross-functional teams to set, monitor and achieve financial and market share objectives. This includes market segmentation, persona definition, channel strategy, pricing promotions, and other standard GTM initiatives.
- Messaging & Positioning: Create differentiated product positioning and messaging, value props, use cases, and associated content to be leveraged globally by sales, marketing and partners.
- Content Strategy: Build a content strategy that supports the buyers journey and drives funnel conversion to close
- Enablement: Be a data connectivity solutions subject matter expert, helping to develop and deliver sales playbooks, sales decks, tools, and materials for the global sales teams
- Product launch: Define and drive the GTM launch for new releases
- Market intelligence: Be the expert on your buyer personas, how they buy, buying criteria, competition and how to win
- Support Global Demand Gen teams: Collaborate on winning marketing plan and support marketing campaign efforts (e.g., channel marketing, events, webinars, AR/PR, social, blogs) with thematic subject matter expertise
- Market Requirements Analysis: Provide product management with prioritized customer requirements to help shape product roadmap
- Vast knowledge of databases, cloud and analytics
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with high comfort level speaking on webinars, conferences, and industry events
- Insatiable appetite to drive to business objectives
- Critical thinking to help with analysis of business, market and competitive trends
- Demonstrated history of creating standard GTM strategy plans
- Demonstrated history of effective pitch decks, sales plays, and marketing messaging for blogs, social, emails, etc.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive about the market and emerging trends and an ability to carefully listen to and act on customer feedback
- Influence and manage multiple stakeholders across diverse backgrounds
- 6+ years product marketing experience
- 6-8 years database, cloud and analytics technology experience
- Willingness to travel globally 25%
- BS or BA in IT, communications, or tech-centric degrees ideal
- MBA a plus
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!