We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Manager for our DataDirect product group. This will be a role where you can work from your home office in the United States, though preference given to those on the East Coast due to team location.JOB SUMMARY:
Progress DataDirect is the industry’s leading vendor for data connectivity software. Our passion and commitment is to deliver high value technology and customer service and enable development teams to rapidly build solutions requiring high performance, high value connectivity software for business critical data.
We’re looking for ISV and partner oriented, self-motivated individual with strong technical product experience and an equally strong interest bringing that technology to market to develop high value relationships with technology companies. You will be responsible for translating marketing strategy into a personalized, high-performing, product and buying experience that is continuously tested and optimized. You will serve as a strategic liaison between marketing and other business teams, including development and sales. You will define and prioritize the creation of new or updated product experiences – spanning the DataDirect portfolio, Progress website and third-party marketplaces, working with marketing, engineering, and other teams across the company. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Create and prioritize user stories, coordinating with product owners, development, sales and product marketing to own and maintain the roadmap for features, content and programs critical to ISV and SI customers.
- Document use cases, create and/or acquire technical content to support initiatives central to the digital buyers journey – including website content and other promotional materials.
- Work with product marketing to prioritize the creation of new or updated web experiences that coincide with new product initiatives.
- Work with marketing teams to establish and own commitments around conversion rate optimization, growth targets, and pipeline generation.
- Help develop and maintain an ROIC model (or similar) and other success criteria to be used for validation, development & go-to-market phases of new e-commerce channels
- Be a subject matter expert on data management/connectivity, keeping up to date with industry and technology trends related to data connectivity and management and partner management.
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- Experience developing technical solutions – product or project based.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and quantitative experience or interest – comfortable using data and analytics to understand and improve specific measures related to product adoption, market attention and messaging efficacy
- Experience selling to or managing relationships with technology companies
- Sales or Marketing experience
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.