We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Product Manager for our Chef product group in our Seattle WA location. For the right person we are also open to other parts of the United State and working from your home office. JOB SUMMARY:
Chef Software (now part of Progress Software Corporation) is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
With our Chef product group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day are built, deployed, secured, and run with our technologies.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Responsibilities: Understand our market and competitors
- Help define the vision and strategy for the next-generation automation stack Research, understand, and represent the voice of the customer through frequent interactions with customers and the field
- Work closely with others at Chef: engineering, documentation, marketing, sales, and customer experience
- Break down complex problems into steps that drive iterative product development
- Be accountable for building the right product features to support business goals, strategy, and excite customers
- Developing product strategy that aligns with Chef's broader mission and strategy, drawing from deep customer insights, data, and research
- Lead cross-functional and full-stack teams of engineers and UX designers to deliver new features that contribute to joint goals and initiatives
- Partner and collaborate effectively on joint initiatives across product, marketing, operations, sales, and engineering
- Clearly communicate product plans, strategy and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from senior leadership to all Chef employees and customers
- Define, refine, and prioritize epics and stories while working in a fast-paced lean/agile environment as part of a larger product team working on joint initiatives and epics
- Experience building Cloud Infrastructure or PaaS products OR Experience building Security & Compliance platforms (VM Ware, MobileIron, Anyconnect, etc...) would be a great advantage
- Experience building products created for Developers (ex: AWS/Azure/GCP, Kinvey, any API based large enterprise products)
- Has been a developer for 3-4 years in one or more of these categories - API/SaaS/PaaS/IaaS/DevOps/Web full-stack
- Has functional knowledge of one of the cloud service provides – AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform (GCP)/Oracle Cloud OR Has functional knowledge of desktop/cloud security and compliance – CIS Benchmarks/HIPPA/SOC2/ DISA STIG
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!