We are currently looking for a Senior Pre-Sales Consultant to join us in Sofia. In this role you will be a key part of our team that visits and engages remotely with our customers to listen to their needs and map requirements to Progress product capabilities and services. You will work with a group of other consultants, software engineering and product management specialists to support the sales team. You will learn how to present and position Progress solutions and will be cross-trained on a defined set of Progress technologies.
You know how to effectively uncover an enterprise organization’s goals and challenges and understand their technical environment
You have experience working with senior technology and business leaders to understand their needs. You can lead technical discovery sessions and establish trust with prospects, while gleaning deep insights into their business and environment.
You know how to convey a technical value proposition
You like getting deep into software products to understand how they work and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others. You are comfortable taking ownership of demos, workshops, and Proof of Concepts. You love taking what you learn from customers and feeding it back to the product, engineering and implementation teams.
You know how to be part of a team to deliver solutions
You have a good feel for when to talk and when to listen. You’re able to take cues from your team members to effectively balance the conversation for all types of customers and roles with project teams. You like being the technical domain authority and know when — and how — to effectively interject your knowledge and expertise into a conversation.
You can get deep into “tech talk”
Whether it’s a business line owner, an IT professional, or an engineer, you can get into the technical weeds on how we tackle problems and create a value proposition, and also get out. You’re communicating appropriately over the phone, in-person, and in writing (including SOWs & RFPs).
You like to code
While you’re thrilled that coding isn’t your full-time job, the opportunity to hack together prototypes as part of a new project or initiative is quite welcome. Breaking out your coding skills to wow a client with a slick client application, deliver a pitch-perfect POC, or show that that pesky integration is actually a piece of cake are your favorite party tricks.
You’re fascinated by Apps and Data
Apps and Data, indeed technology in general are integral to your day to day. Enterprise businesses realize how complex it is to “do it right” across devices & platforms, and the thought of helping businesses succeed with their app and data strategy, is deeply appealing for you.
- Solid Enterprise App experience
- Experience working with a range of common Enterprise technologies (e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce) and architectures / technologies (SOA, Client-Server, ESBs, API Management)
- Development experience and SDLC aware. All languages considered.
- Mobile app development experience and especially a knowledge of UI/UX.
- Good communication, listening, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to interact with developers, architects, business owners, and end users
- Sufficient data experience to speak credibly about topics such as Transparent Data Encryption, replication, REST, enterprise integration and other relevant technologies
- Ability to gracefully handle and address customer questions and issues on the fly and to be creative in solving customer challenges
- Ability to collaboratively solve issues and drive resolutions in conjunction with our Support and Product Management teams.
- Experience partnering with implementation teams to define Proposals & Statements of Work (SOW)
- Willingness to travel regularly across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- A Computer Science degree
- You’ve built a web or mobile app in the past.
- You’re experienced with Oracle, Microsoft technologies development and database technologies and worked on systems such as AWS, Azure, Salesforce or other cloud platforms
- You’ve worked with customers to develop solutions in one or more of the following verticals: Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail/CPG, Manufacturing or Telco.
- You’ve developed training content, and have shown a willingness to conduct occasional onsite or remote developer training sessions
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of forward-thinking and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.
Interested to learn more? Apply now!