We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Partner Development Manager for our Chef group working out of your home office in the United States. Due to where our Chef partners are located, ideal candidate will live in the Seattle WA area, but not required.
Progress/Chef is building the best Enterprise Automation Stack on the planet. We're writing the rules of the cloud – rules the world's top companies live, breathe and contribute to.
A Partner Development Manager at Progress/Chef works with key partner relationships spanning technology, consulting, and reseller partners to broaden the Chef ecosystem. In this role, you'll work with our Platform Partners such as AWS, Microsoft Google Cloud and our mutual partners to drive the business for Chef's offerings. You do this by being great at devising Go-to-market strategies and driving effective co-sell motions between the Platform Partners and the Chef customer-facing teams.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Own the execution and influence the strategy for establishing and building effective field level relationships within Platform Partners, with an objective to build and drive successful go to market and sales strategies
- Own the Co-sell programs with different Platform Partners region and drive associated customer wins.
- Conceptualize and create great Go-to-market programs that can be executed with and through the Platform Partners field
- Determine our strategy and drive execution through the different cloud marketplaces within AWS and Azure
- Deliver sales enablement to ensure the success of Chef offerings on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Drive participation in customer case studies, webinars, and other outbound communications.
- Collaborate with various teams at Chef including marketing, sales, product management, and others as needed to support Chef success through AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- 5+ years' experience in alliance management or partner marketing for market-leading enterprise software and SaaS companies.
- Proven success at new business development with a particular focus on driving partner relationships resulting in the acquisition of new customer logos and expansion deals.
- Knowledge or familiarity of either Azure or AWS technology, market and engagement opportunities a plus
- Prior experience with managing sales/partnerships with Microsoft or AWS
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to manage asymmetrical relationships
- Ability to work on a diverse team and excel in a team-selling environment.
- Travel approx 20% of the time to partners to develop and expand partner relationships.
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.