We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Inside Partner Account Manager in either our Morrisville, NC or Bedford, MA office.
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Sales team responsible for Indirect Partner customers for our OpenEdge product. You will be responsible for managing Progress OpenEdge Partners in the North American territory, supported by fantastic Sales Engineers as needed. WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Develop an extensive knowledge base of all assigned accounts, including their business profile, key players, competition, application and technology footprint, buying processes, compelling events, political environment and strategies.
- Implement sales strategies and specific Account Plans that demonstrate the ability to resolve customer's business challenges and to identify opportunities resulting in quota attainment
- Generate revenue/bookings through cross-selling and/or upselling from existing customer base
- Position Progress to win new business within the account by developing, communicating, and driving effective selling strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific value propositions
- Provide team leadership to inside sales team on location (more as a mentor/lead, delegate day to day activity allocations, not a true manager since that person is already in place)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience
- Applicable years of sales experience with a track record of exceeding goals
- Indirect/Channel Software sales experience is a plus
- Prior experience selling Enterprise Application or Platform sales
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Familiarity with selling methodologies, customer engagement models and CRM applications (e.g. SalesForce.Com)
- Ability to travel as needed for customers
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!