We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Partner Account Manager working out of your home office in the United States. Ideal candidate will be East Coast due to territory being handled.JOB SUMMARY:
The Partner Account Manager will facilitate cross-functional collaboration within the Progress organization including Sales, Engineering and Development, Customer Support and Professional Services and as well as will facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers, which will be measured by their willingness to be a reference, customer satisfaction levels, increased revenue levels and overall account penetration. To be successful in this role, you will build relationships while challenging partners to think differently about their business. You will act as a consultant for our partner community from a diverse background, so audience-centric communication, a good understanding of new technologies, and excellent presentation skills are a must.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Develop a Partner Engagement Model and implement specific Partner Sales Plans, resulting in identifying opportunities, solution adoption, integrated offerings and GTM strategies
- Identify and secure a diverse set of relationships with the key decision maker (SI/SP, ISV, Disti, Reseller, OEM, Alliances)
- Build, qualify and report on pipeline
- Generate revenue/bookings, license, subscription, services and new maintenance across all offerings
- Proactively acquire industry/ product knowledge across all platforms, applications and products to ultimately ensure quota attainment i.e. product seminars etc.
- Analyze competitive landscape, use cases, champions and frameworks to demonstrate differentiation and outline Progress’s unique selling points
- Become a Partner ally by adopting a cadence of discovery and positioning with our prospects and customers to enable an aligned value offering
- Troubleshoot and resolve Partner/Alliance conflicts across the entire cycle from prospect to close
- Deliver high impact account/ territory plans and presentations through teaming with key internal stakeholders, such as Sales, Marketing, Pre-sales, Product Management, Development, Finance, Professional Services and Tech Support
- Engage in discussions to define business and technical/ product challenges, map these to our technologies and then overcome objections
- Proven experience managing Strategic Partners
- Experience specific to indirect sales in software and/or services sales
- Extensive experience in consultative sales and building of service offerings with partners
- Ability to manage multiple sales cycles and deal with any channel conflicts in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work with internal teams
- Ability to support and manage the entire sales process from prospecting to closure
- Travel up to 25% (once safe to do such)
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.