We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Paralegal for our Enterprise Legal Services group in our Bedford, MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
The successful candidate for this position will provide paralegal and administrative support in a diversified, full service global Legal Department for a publicly traded software company. The position will focus on enterprise-wide legal functions, including (without limitation) intellectual property, litigation, employment law, data privacy, export compliance and vendor management across many time zones. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, who excels in a fast-paced demanding environment and is able to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of issues and projects, while delivering quality work under a tight timeline. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Contracts: Assist with reviewing, drafting and revising vendor and third-party contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements (e.g., event sponsorship agreements, insertion orders, etc.), contractor agreements and other third-party engagement agreements. Support process to respond to customer questionnaire’s relating to the company’s business practices and compliance efforts.
- Export Compliance: Conduct export compliance SDN/OFAC screenings; Assist with project to audit export classification for the company’s products.
- Data Privacy: Facilitate and administer the company’s data subject access request process and responses pursuant to GDPR (EU), LGPD (Brazil) and CCPA (California).
- Intellectual Property: File copyright registrations with the Library of Congress; Conduct trademark clearing searches for new product names. Help prepare IP documentation, where necessary, to perfect the company’s IP rights.
- Legal Research & Writing: Conduct various research projects in any of the area of law needed by the Progress Legal Department.
- Department Administration and Process Improvement: Play key role in formulating and implementing process improvement initiatives for Progress’ ELS team, including the implementation and maintenance of a document repository, triaging work submitted to the ELS team through the company’s work request ticketing systems, obtaining signatures on documents from various Progress employees and managing the ELS team various internal reference libraries on SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- General Duties: Assist with the preparation of training programs. Assist with litigation support in all areas, which may include responding to subpoenas, responding to discovery requests, fact gathering and interacting with outside counsel. Assist in M&A and divestiture transactions, with respect to due diligence and transaction administration.
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude with ability to deliver constructive and creative support.
- At least either an undergraduate degree or an Associate’s Degree in paralegal studies from a qualified program.
- Diversified paralegal experience
- Experience reviewing legal documents
- Excellent writing, verbal, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze and track complex information.
- Ability to review, manage and oversee business processes and requirements with minimum supervision.
- Willingness and ability to learn new substantive skills and develop and expand existing ones.
- Must have an open mind and a sense of humor.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!