We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Network Engineer and help us foresee and define a strategy for how the network should be integrated with the business and the business priorities. Our team’s vision is that the network should be more than basic connectivity, bandwidth for users, and access to applications. Instead, it should offer an end-to-end functionality together with centralized control which helps business agility.
Please note that due to the job specifics, this will be a hybrid role (work-from-home & onsite), and a commute to our Bedford, MA office, as well as to our data center will be needed. JOB SUMMARY:
Progress Communication Services Team has the mission to foresee and define a strategy how the network should serve the business and help achieve the business priorities. Our vision is that network should provide core communication services to the business and enable collaboration. Network should operate fluently and have the necessary redundancy and resiliency to support business continuity.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE:
- Have the responsibility for day-to-day support and advancement of our global network infrastructure, which includes areas such as:
Enterprise and Data Center Switching
WAN technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS VPN, IPsec VPN
Remote Access VPN
Network Management, Monitoring, Alerting and Logging
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Monitor network utilization and performance.
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately upon network incidents.
- Lead small projects or multi-task efforts that may include other providers.
- Document technical engineering procedures for use by other members of the IT Infrastructure team.
- Contribute to roadmap, architectural direction, and continuous improvement.
- Communicate proactively about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues.
- Perform knowledge transfer to other members of the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Assist in vendor negotiations and the RFP/RFI process.
- BA or MA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent industry experience.
- Extensive Network Engineering experience
- Solid understanding of Cisco Nexus data center switch family concepts and solid deployment and troubleshooting experience with the same.
- Solid understanding of Cisco Catalyst switch family concepts and solid deployment and troubleshooting experience with the same.
- Solid understanding, deployment, and troubleshooting experience with BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Solid understanding of Firewall concepts and deployment experience with at least one of the leading Firewall vendors.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting MPLS VPN and IPsec VPN WAN technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Wireless solutions, either in the cloud or on-premises ones.
- Holding CCNA or CCNP certification will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Linux and Python will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Ansible or Terraform will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with networking in the Cloud (Azure / AWS / GCP) will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Splunk will be considered an advantage.
- Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Exceptional ability and strong desire to learn new skills.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!