We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Network engineer, R&D Lab in our Alpharetta, GA location.JOB SUMMARY
WhatsUp Gold allows users to monitor their networks and applications and alert them on any problems that arise. It has integrated mapping and dashboarding, allowing users to get a customized view of their infrastructure. The product is used primarily by system administrators, network administrators, and IT directors. As a Senior Network Engineer, R&D Lab, you will configure, manage and maintain the R&D networking lab thereby helping the R&D team improve WhatsUp Gold’s monitoring capabilities.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS
- Have the responsibility for the day to day support and advancement of our R&D network infrastructure. This includes areas such as:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining ever changing R&D network
- Configuring and maintaining networking devices such as switches, routers, wireless access points and controllers
- Configuring and maintaining virtual environments hosted using Hyper-V and VMWare
- Working with corporate IT to ensure proper configuration and security of Network Management R&D networking devices to maintain their isolation from corporate IT infrastructure
- Researching new device capabilities and functionality and implement enhancements where possible
- Managing R&D cloud resources in Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Participating in planning, designing and implementation of network architecture
- Documenting R&D network details using network diagrams
- Resolving issues with R&D network in a timely manner
- Working effectively within a cross-functional multi-site team to anticipate potential needs and support from colleagues and collaborate with one another to deliver excellent R&D network capabilities
The following would be an advantage:
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or relevant hand-on IT experience
- Experience in DNS, DHCP and IPv6
- Experience in managing virtual environments hosted in VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure and AWS
- Problem-solving and debugging skills
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- Experience in network management protocols (SNMP, WMI, SMI-S, Netflow, etc)
- Some programming experience in modern language such as C# / Java
- Familiarity with scripting language such as PowerShell to automate configuration tasks
- Familiarity with configuring NAS / SAN devices
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!