We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Information Developer working out of your home office in the United States, preferably East Coast or Central time zones due to team location. JOB SUMMARY:
In this role you will use your passion and experience creating highly interactive courseware to teach end users how to apply Progress technologies most effectively in their roles. You will support your local engineering teams by creating content that supports their development features and by sharing your skills and knowledge by presenting topics of technical interest. You will be energized by working in a dynamic, global, Agile environment, and can take pride in producing content that meets high quality standards. The technically curious will grow their skills and help others on their team grow theirs.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- Drive customer success by creating role-focused content for technical audiences.
- Partner with regional development teams to understand requirements, then research and produce technical content including -- but not limited to -- documentation, videos, tutorials, and courseware.
- Use content and learning management tools such as Oxygen XML, Litmos, Camtasia, Congree or Acrolinx.
- Manage concurrent projects across multiple products with consistently high quality
- Follow our established information architecture to create content that can be reused across multiple user assistance assets.
- Lead scrum Agile ceremonies and administer work for yourself and others in Jira/DevOps
- Assist in the evolution of tools and content development practices
- A technical (BA/BS) or advanced degree or certification in Technical Writing or Instructional Design
- Extensive and proven technical content development experience with samples available for review
- Experience with Camtasia to produce video content
- Familiarity with DITA and/or other authoring tools
- Superior written and verbal communication and developed interpersonal skills
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.