We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Senior Information Developer for our Cognitive group in Bangalore, India office.
The Team -
You’ll be part of the Progress Cognitive team, reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Development. Content team’s mission is to deliver a persona-based, self-serviced, crowd-sourced, measurable experience through compelling content to rapidly enable our customers, partners and employees to be successful with our products and technology
What you will do in this role:
- Apply creativity to solve complex problems and offer a new perspective on existing solutions
- Ideate, design, create and implement content that is engaging and just-in-time consumable for Progress users, Partners, and employees
- Produce a variety of medium, including but not limited to documentation, videos, webinars, structured walk-throughs, tutorials, User Guides, instructor led-training, online training, self-service resources, whitepapers, assessment exams, certifications
- Move between projects in a fast-paced Agile environment, simultaneously managing multiple projects, to meet deliverable deadlines
- Interview subject matter experts and analyze product requirements and user stories to write technical end-user content related to installing/upgrading software, configuring and using software, using reporting tools, planning and executing data loads and migrations, and integrating applications with each other and with third-party applications or external systems
- Test software, make recommendations, report technical problems or inconsistencies, and validate end-user content for consistency with product functionality
- Follow and contribute to company content development standards and library of terms; develop content with approved templates, guidelines, and best practices; suggest process efficiencies and improvements; participate in peer reviews.
- Maintain documentation pertaining to the company's products.
- Develops content using an existing documentation methodology and framework.
- Maintain proper methodology for purposes of consistency and efficiency.
- Range of documents to be written will be broad, including proposal development & submission, marketing literature, commercial product user documentation.
- Must be familiar with technical communication concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Create content around our product offerings geared towards our target customer base
- Drive content strategy for educating the market on new feature releases and enhancements within the product
- Generate marketing-oriented content like blogposts, short videos etc to create awareness among the prospective users and target customers for various products within our portfolio
To be successful in this role we need someone who has :
- A technical degree (BTech or equivalent experience)
- Technical content writing and creative / blog writing experience
- Capacity to quickly adopt process and tooling to produce content in a variety of formats
- Ability to work well both independently and within a strong, collaborative, Agile team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance; Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Samples of published content for review (documentation, courseware, tutorials, etc.) are required
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!