Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Senior Graphic Designer - Contractor to join the Design Ops Team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In this role you would be able to develop original creative concepts consistent with the corporate visual brand guidelines. Together with the Creative Lead you would participate in decisions about the creative direction of major projects.
You would operate within the Marketing Organization and collaborate with various other teams in the company, communicating directly with stakeholders and vendors. The main goal of the role is to support the business stakeholders in communicating key messaging for the products they are responsible for through inspiring and brand-consistent artwork.
You would maintain and evolve a strong corporate brand presence by creating and enhancing Collateral materials, Campaigns, Event-related resources, PowerPoints, and other marketing materials.
In this role you will:
- Initiate brainstorming sessions
- Create intelligent, original, cutting-edge design concepts that are both uniquely creative and communicate the brand message effectively
- Oversee, mentor and train junior and regular design team members
- Participate in visual design presentations to stakeholders
- Establish and manage a library of creative resources
- Represent the creative team in meetings and presentations where required
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards
- Act as a resource to the company on new and emerging trends in digital media, mentoring and training where applicable, cultivating continuous creative improvement
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Develop detailed design specs for production and communicate directly with vendors to follow production through
- Guard corporate brand identity, evolve the corporate brand assets and ensure creative objectives are aligned with brand and company objectives
- Create and propagate design style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent visual experience across all marketing channels.
- Maintain and evolve the visual brand identity and develop and enhance the brand guidelines when necessary
- Drive creative projects from inception, through concept development, to production and delivery
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Corporate Marketing and Demand Generation teams to scope project goals and requirements.
- Manage time to meet deadlines and provide transparency on workload and capacity to Design Manager
- A relevant MA/BA degree in Design or Visual Communication
- A minimum of 5 years of professional graphic design experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the field of Advertising, Graphic Design and Marketing
- Expertise in Adobe design software including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Strong understanding of the psychology of visual perception and visual hierarchy
- Ability to explain the thought process behind visual design solutions, and rally people around stated design goals
- Meticulous, pixel-perfect eye for detail
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, and an inspiring work ethic
- Exceptional aesthetic sensibility and strong knowledge in design fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and design specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and accessibility principles
- Mastery in designing Collateral assets and SWAG materials
- Experience in design functionalities in Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to work across different channels/mediums: identity, print, packaging, web and digital media
- Experience with branding, corporate identity, and creation/application of corporate identity guidelines
- Good illustration and data visualization skills
- Strong typographic skills, understanding of type hierarchy and structure
An advantage will be:
- Animation skills
- Video storyboarding knowledge
- Video post-production experience