Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.
About The Team:
The Corporate FP&A team is responsible for G&A business partnering, centralized forecasting, process design, budget execution, reporting & analysis. This team is responsible for forecast consolidation and oversight of the end-to-end process beginning with the integration of actual results, submission of forecast inputs, meticulous review and subsequent presentations & reporting. In doing so we help to provide guidance to the company and its leaders ranging from budget execution to cash management to long-term financial planning. In addition to working closely with business leaders, we interact with the accounting department on a continuous basis as well the Finance Business Partner organization responsible for the majority of the company’s forecast.
About the Job:
As Senior Financial Analyst you will report to the Director of FP&A, playing a key role in supporting the company’s visibility into its financials. Particularly, this role will be responsible for company-wide headcount and compensation forecasting & analysis, performing monthly updates and reconciliations with our recruiting systems and Business Partners. This role also serves as Finance Business Partner to the SVP of Human Capital & Real Estate; whereby best practice business support will be required. Finally, as a member of the Corporate FP&A team you will be exposed to the company’s financials and contribute to the evolution of our policies & procedures. This includes playing a supporting role in the transition from our current SAP BPC forecast system to the upcoming implementation of Oracle Cloud in FY 2019.
In this role, you will:
- Administer a centralized headcount forecast process for the company, translating and loading compensation and hiring plans into the planning system, and assessing financial impacts
- Act as a resource to the Finance Business Partners to ensure alignment in headcount details within their designated areas, as well as provide general business support in forecast administration
- Be responsible for the Human Capital and Real Estate forecast, accruals and analysis, working with the SVP & other team members to evaluate expenses such as facilities, benefits, perks and vendors; interpret new data and articulate business context
- Gain exposure to the worldwide forecast consolidation and financials with future opportunity to expand and progress your career
- Support the implementation of a new Planning & Budgeting tool within our Oracle Cloud platform, both on the front-end of forecast submission and the back-end of reporting & analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of directly relevant experience and demonstrated depth of knowledge associated with corporate business financials, forecasts, and analysis to independently provide insights that enable data driven decision making
- Solid work ethic and personal ambition
- Ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated communication and articulation skills needed to inform and explain complexity concisely in a way that builds consensus around business process and financial implications working across a diverse audience up through the executive level
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Prior experience working with Oracle cloud is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrated hands-on experience across a broad range of enterprise financials, processes, concepts, tools, reporting, analysis, forecasts