We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Executive Assistant in our Waltham, MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
In this dynamic role the selected candidate will provide high energy, proactive and efficient senior administrative support to our General Manager of the Developer Tools business unit and our VP-Corporate Marketing, along with their teams. This position is critical to enabling these executives to be as efficient and effective as possible in their roles, and to maintaining a well-running team and a positive and productive team working environment. The key to success in supporting two teams with different needs is the person’s ability to be flexible depending on the service you are providing. The position will require exceptional organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills, as well as critical thinking to solve problems in a fast paced environment. WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Travel arrangements, both domestic and international
- Attend leadership weekly meetings, including creating notes, follow up actions, and log of topics for future
- Organize agenda and content for all-hands meetings, coordinate speakers for this meeting and other speaker series for the organization
- Maintain SharePoint Site for team files
- Team event planning, including planning/set up, materials preparation, and coordinating with catering, facilities, IT to drive the logistics for the events
- Come up with ideas for team-building events and activities to create a positive and collaborative team environment
- Team communications – work with executives to design and execute communications with the organization.
- Executive expenses submission
- Equipment purchasing for team
- Coordinate office moves with facilities/IT groups
- Handling/updating distribution lists for Marketing and Developer Tools teams
- Special projects and events as needed
- Executive 1:1 scheduling and coordination at major events
- Contribute as a part of the team organizing and running our annual user conference team, ProgressNext
- Assist GM & VP Marketing by assisting with facilitation of critical companywide projects
- Other support as needed for CEO staff team including coverage for other assistants during vacations, etc.
- Other tasks as needed by the teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in executive administrative support positions, preferably in technology companies
- Strong knowledge of word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self starter, proactive, incredibly detail-oriented, makes sure no detail slips through the cracks
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and sensitive situations with the utmost discretion.
- Trustworthy and strong sense of ethics
- Outstanding judgement and common sense
- Highly professional behavior at all times; exhibits and brings calm in stressful situations
- Ability to be analytical and exhibit sound logic and thinking
- Comfortable interacting with all levels within the organization
- Comfortable being the face of the organization to customers, partners, analysts and other external parties
- Superior interpersonal, listening and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and thorough manner to a broad range of people, gaining their respect, understanding, commitment and support
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!