We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Enterprise Account Manager, working remotely out of your home office in the United States.JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Enterprise Account Manager for the Northeast Region maintains and expands relationships within our strategically important, largest customers. The Senior EAM is responsible for selling the Progress portfolio of solutions utilizing a coordinated sales approach with Progress’ inside and field sales teams. This extended team is driven to a common goal within a set number of named account and a given territory. The mission is to broaden the reach of all named accounts to ensure the Progress foothold across the entire segment. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Responsible for selling the complete Progress solution, products, and services within an assigned list of focused Named Accounts
- Adopt account portfolio sales strategy leveraging channel partners where applicable
- Focus on top tier accounts and collaborate with Inside Sales teams and channel partners to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio.
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Drive adoption and identify new opportunities in assigned territory
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate Progress to a more strategic position
- Match the Progress solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop and manage a partner strategy by selecting a set of “preferred” partners, develop a collaborative account planning and enable channel partners to be an extension of Progress sales force. Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Usage of Sales Force CRM for all activities and account/territory management
- Ability to mobilize resources and develop pipeline for the given territory in collaboration with marketing
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
- Extensive experience in related software industry including being in a selling role to enterprise accounts
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Must have experience in selling a ‘platform” as a solution within an account such as ERP, CRM, Apps, and SAAS, etc.
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- Proven track record of meeting or overachieving quotas
- Ability to travel 50% or more (once safe to do such)
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.