We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Director, Product Marketing. This will be a full-time role working out of your home office in the United States. Due to team and leadership location, those in EST or CST zones are preferred.
This role leads the Product Marketing function for the DX BU at Progress. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing on the product marketing strategy for each product in the portfolio, as well as the business unit overall. The the individual in this role will be accountable for the overall go-to-market (GTM) strategy of the DX unit, defining product marketing goals and structuring and running the GTM planning process. This is a critical and strategic role, as this individual provides the nexus between the Product functions and all GTM functions in order to establish and drive a successful GTM. The individual will partner across several product lines to define GTM plans and drive growth, and will work closely with Product Management, Demand Generation, Field Marketing, Developer Relations, Sales, and Engineering.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THE ROLE:
- Own and drive the overall GTM strategy for Digital Experience across all products in the BU, including Developer Tools, Web Content Management and Personalization, File Transfer, and Business Process Management.
- Build and lead a global team Product Marketers to define personas, messaging and positioning, GTM themes and strategy for the individual products and the DX strategy overall.
- Set the product marketing goals for the BU (market share, success of value prop/messaging, bookings by products), in close collaboration with SVP, Product and the BU leadership team.
- Lead the product marketing effort to plan and execute new and existing product launches through partnerships across Sales, Product Management, Engineering, DemGen, Field Marketing, DevRel, PR, Analyst Relations, and more.
- Drive our success with Industry Analysts such as Gartner and Forrester, including success in their vendor rating reports, as the primary contact and relationship, working with our Analyst Relations team.
- Drive the definition of our go-to-market themes in each of our planning cycles (campaign topics, audience definition, messaging), as well as the strategic campaign goals.
- Work closely with Demand Gen, Sales, Field Marketing and Developer Relations as they develop the tactics to support the success of our campaigns.
- Provide strategic input to the tactical teams and collaborate with them to ensure the smooth execution of the planned GTM activities.
- Responsible for marketing enablement activities – personas, messaging, buyer journey, themes and campaigns.
- Responsible for sales enablement content including, sales tools, training, competitive positioning, and more, working with centralized Sales Enablement programs team.
- Partner with Product Management to define pricing strategies and packaging of products.
- Help drive the genesis of new value creation opportunities for existing and new customers, new markets and new products.
- Create retention and growth marketing strategies based on business targets.
- Act as a senior leader within DX BU, sharing best-practices and collaborating across functions to identify and solve key business challenges.
- Lead strategic cross-functional projects and teams to drive towards business unit results.
- Grow a team of mid-level leaders to build their skillsets and increase their contributions to the BU over time.
- Implement best-in-class operational processes to build and optimize a scalable organization and to deliver effectively and efficiently on our strategic goals.
- M&A: active participation in due diligence and integration efforts.
- Owns and is responsible for the budget for the DX PMK function.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA a plus but not required.
- Extensive experience leading Product Marketing teams in enterprise software companies. Experience in Demand Gen, Field Marketing or Product Management a plus.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for understanding the market and translating that expertise into actionable go-to-market plans.
- Collaborative leader with proven track record of driving high performing teams and inspiring and leading a global organization.
- Growth mindset.
- World class communication skills in written, presentation and verbal form and an ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences (e.g., technical developers, less technical marketing managers, external customer/partner audiences, internal executives).
- Data-driven, measurement-oriented and highly organized.
- A team player who is driven by the success of the organization.
- Professional maturity: ability to navigate a large and complex organization; ability to negotiate with positive outcomes for all, maintaining strong professional relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Skilled at driving accountability and performance within an organization that is the nexus between many functional groups.
- Cultural sensitivity and extensive experience working with remote teams.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.