We're Progress and we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Marketing Manager for Core C (Chef Business line) in United States (remote is an option).
With our Chef product group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day are built, deployed, secured, and run with our technologies.
We are looking for a Leader for the Product Marketing function to help build market awareness and content for Progress Chef emerging solutions in the areas of Compliance, Cloud Operations and Security. Be a DevSecOps thought leader and expert on cloud operations, security and IT audit buyers – who they are, how they buy, and their buying criteria.Reporting to our VP of Product, you will have a deep understanding of the IT Operations, Security, Compliance, Cloud & Cloud native markets. Ability to anticipate market trends and help guide our product messaging through our next phase of growth will be very important. In addition to contributing to go-to-market solutions strategy, this individual will help us create stronger sales content and support the demand gen activities with content and GTM strategies.
In this role, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and product teams to drive product messaging and positioning, product launches, content and campaigns, events, and enablement. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will join a fast-paced product marketing team. The ability to translate technical capabilities and current market trends into compelling content for internal and external audiences is critical. The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter, a diplomatic collaborator, a strategic thinker who enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves and exercises sound judgment on when to push back and when to dive in.
Roles & Responsibilities
Leadership: The product marketing leader would be expected to collaborate closely with Chef Leadership, Product Management & the current team of product marketers to help deliver world-class and engaging content for internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate would demonstrate a mix of very strong story-telling combined with crisp value selling. He/She should be a leader in articulating a shared vision of product marketing along with the current team, identify key projects and help take them to completion. Extreme transparency, clear and concise communication skills, ability to gain trust and credibility within and outside the function are critical to the success of the role.
Sales Marketing enablement: Help plan out easy-to-consume, modular assets that balance feature and product enablement with narrative and value selling to various internal stakeholders. Experience with enablement, building assets with a clear objective and helping mentor emerging leaders with a focus on bringing out the best in individual contributors is a critical objectives of the role.
Verbal and Written Communication: Should have the passion and skill for impeccable writing and story-telling.
Product Launches GTM: Collaborate closely with product and marketing teams to position our products, help carry out competitive research and benchmarking to build a compelling narrative around differentiators when taking features to market. Work closely with marketing, content and customer-facing teams to deliver on the GTM strategy. Plan and execute ChefConf, the annual DevOps event.
Analyst Briefing and Communication: The product marketing director is expected to closely collaborate with AR in the planning and execution of regular analyst briefings - while closely working with the product, sales, and business teams.
We’d Love To Meet Someone Who
Is an experienced product marketing leader having led product marketing teams in IT and enterprise software market sectors
- Enjoys building & managing high-performance teams
- Proven track record of leading teams crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- A strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Passion for knowing your market and translating that expertise into actionable go-to-market plans
- Hands-on capability to create a range of marketing assets, including succinct slide pitch-decks, eBooks, videos, and event/webinar content.
- Loves a fast-moving space and pace with a team that works hard and has fun
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.