We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Data Scientist in what we do best: propelling business forward.
We are looking for a bright, creative, and enterprising Senior Data Scientist. We are launching a key new initiative with the goal to create an AI-based tool that will speed up software development. You will be an important part of the team that will envision, validate, develop and release these capabilities to thousands of Progress customers. In your role, you will be responsible for developing machine learning models that will enable us to deliver ultra-competitive features and help our customers improve their insights and productivity, and ultimately gain a competitive edge themselves by using our products.
Data Scientists at Progress have strong technical skills, but also excel in business and domain knowledge to be able to provide world-class solutions that drive business results.What you'll be doing most of the time:
- Grasp the essentials of complex problems from different business areas
- Apply data mining using state-of-the-art methods
Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Develop, validate, and train appropriate machine learning models
Perform experiments and present results in a clear and effective fashion
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clear objectives, tasks and deliverables
- Collaborate with the engineering during the integration of the designed models
- Apply innovative thinking to identify new applications of AI in the current Progress tools
- Drive the implementation of data science solution in product
- You have strong expertise in Data Science supported by stellar business analysis skills.
- You must be able to deliver on agreed time frames.
- Proven solid experience in the field of data science - at least 4 years
- Proficient in ETL
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with Neural Networks.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with any of those is considered an advantage: Azure ML, Dataiku, SPSS, Databricks, Alteryx
- Experience with big data
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- A drive to learn and excel with new technologies and techniques
- A proactive, go-getter who thrives in a team environment
- An analytical, creative and innovative approach to identify problems and drive solutions
- Very good communication skills in English
If the above fits your experience and interests, then we would be happy to hear from you!