We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Customer Architect for our Chef product group working out of your home office in the United States, preferably on the West Coast.JOB SUMMARY:
In our Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
A Customer Architect (CA) is a technical champion and mentor-coach who drives the adoption of Chef products and practices with our customers. With our customers, at events, and in our online communities, the CA acts as the face of the company. The CA is highly experienced in applying automation to improve business performance. The CA coaches our customers’ technical decision-makers and senior management to identify and prioritize business problems, define measures around these, and plan technical strategies for addressing these problems. Strategies frequently include workflow design and deployment architecture. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Lead customers in the application of Chef products and services offerings to meet Customer Business Outcomes. This may include white-boarding and helping design an architecture one day and aiding in overcoming technical and cultural blockers the next!
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with the other members of the account team (Customer Success Manager, Regional Sales Director, and Solutions Architect) to define and execute account strategy
- Be the customers’ champion inside of Chef, advocating for them with Support, Product, Engineering, and other groups
- Recommend product improvements based on customers’ experiences
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, staying up to date on the ever-evolving state of technology, including both technology that is inside Chef, and in complementary/competitive fields outside of Chef
- Extensive demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Expert-level working knowledge of Chef Software, including Chef Infra Client and Server, Chef InSpec, and/or Chef Habitat
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools and principles
- Experience in using Continuous Delivery practices to release to production
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the work engineers, architects, managers, and others do in the building, releasing, and maintaining software
- Yak shaving proficiency
- Experience using Agile and/or Lean techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience engaging with the Chef Open Source Community
- Familiarity with cloud-native design patterns, microservices, and modern web-scale architectures
- Skill navigating organizations and creating alliances to resolve problems
- Experience with IT Audit and Compliance process and tools
- Willingness to learn and a growth mindset may substitute for specific qualifications above. If you have a passion for DevOps, we want to meet you!
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!