Job Title Senior Consultant Pro2
About The Team:
The Pro2 team is made up of consultants that have been in the OpenEdge community for over 20 years. Each Pro2 install brings with it it’s own set of challenges, so learning never stops. The team working on Pro2 have a nice blend of OpenEdge ABL programming as well as DBA implementation.
About the Job:
The Sr. Consultant filling this role must have a technical understanding of Progress Software products (OpenEdge) and related third party software in order to establish credibility with customers, internal engineering and partners. The person should also have the ability to identify additional opportunities and work with sales to help close business.
This individual will be responsible for providing technical expertise to our customer and prospects. The consultant will be engaged in all aspects of consulting. This will include meeting with clients, and consulting engagements for the design, installation, configuration, tuning of the products. In addition, it is anticipated that the consultant will perform trainings and exercising specialist knowledge and skills.
Finally this individual must be able to ‘drive’ a project forward. Taking ownership of the delivery at a given customer is a firm requirement boosting customer satisfaction from Good to Great.
Lead client consulting engagements with project scoping and architecture design responsibilities
- Develop project deliverables (including code) as an individual contributor
- Develop methodologies, design patterns, consulting component libraries and toolsets for use in packaged consulting programs at the direction of the Architecture Group Manager
- Train partners and customers on Pro2 methodologies and programs and mentor/supervise them throughout delivery life cycles.
- Follow existing accounts after the presales cycle until the customer application is deployed including coordinating efforts with tech support effort when it’s required.
- A Senior Consultant is involved in implementation, testing and process improvement
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years experience in OpenEdge.
- Minimum 5 years experience of 4GL, RDBMS and relevant programming techniques
- A proficiency in Java/J2EE/C/C++ programming in a real time enterprise environment, with the self-learning skills to pick up more as required
- A strong desire to learn and become expert in these technology domains
- Proven ability to translate business needs to technical requirements and present technology solutions in a business context
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills in order to interact with your peers within the Professional Services Team and Progress prospects/customers
- Ability to be independent, pro-active, driven and work on own initiative
- The willingness to travel
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.