This position is focused providing technical advice and assistance through the delivery of services to prospects and existing customers on Progress Software products within an EMEA region.
The Sr. Consultant filling this role must have a technical understanding of Progress Software products (OpenEdge) and related third party software in order to establish credibility with customers, internal engineering and partners. The person should also have the ability to identify additional opportunities and work with sales to help close business.
This individual will be responsible for providing technical expertise to our customer and prospects. The consultant will be engaged in all aspects of consulting. This will include meeting with clients, and consulting engagements for the design, installation, configuration, tuning of the products. In addition, it is anticipated that the consultant will perform trainings and exercising specialist knowledge and skills.
Finally this individual must be able to ‘drive’ a project forward. Taking ownership of the delivery at a given customer is a firm requirement boosting customer satisfaction from Good to Great.
Lead client consulting engagements with project scoping and architecture design responsibilities
- Develop project deliverables (including code) as an individual contributor
- Develop methodologies, design patterns, consulting component libraries and toolsets for use in packaged consulting programs at the direction of the Architecture Group Manager
- Train partners and customers on Progress methodologies and programs and mentor/supervise them throughout delivery life cycles.
- Follow existing accounts after the presales cycle until the customer application is deployed including coordinating efforts with tech support effort when it’s required.
- A Senior Consultant is involved in implementation, testing and process improvement
A Senior Consultant has excellent knowledge of Progress products and other products that are relevant to the key focus areas of the organization. These opportunity areas for consultants include: Business Process Management, Open Source Software, Data Services and Data Virtualization.
- Native in German and fluent in English
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 10+ years experience in OpenEdge.
- Minimum 5 years experience of 4GL, RDBMS and relevant programming techniques
- A proficiency in Java/J2EE/C/C++ programming in a real time enterprise environment, with the self-learning skills to pick up more as required
- A strong desire to learn and become expert in these technology domains
- Proven ability to translate business needs to technical requirements and present technology solutions in a business context
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills in order to interact with your peers within the Professional Services Team and Progress prospects/customers
- Ability to be independent, pro-active, driven and work on own initiative
- The willingness to travel
Apply with your up to date CV and cover letter in English please.