We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior CloudOps Engineer in our CAPS Operations division.
At Progress, the CAPS Operations Cloud team is responsible for the deployment, management, security, and troubleshooting of complex cloud-based SaaS and dedicated services offerings for or a wide array of customers. Reporting to the CAPS Operations Manager, the Senior CloudOps Engineer is part of a team comprised of self-driven, passionate IT professionals who have extensive experience in enterprise managed file transfer and cloud infrastructures. Our seasoned experts operate with complete integrity and are relentless in providing a great customer experience with our SaaS offering. You will be an integral part of our 24x7x365 emergency support model providing support for our services on a global scale.
As a member of the team you will be expected to:
- Protect the systems from data breaches at all times – this is the highest priority responsibility.
- Remain compliant with PCI-DSS and HIPAA written polices, standards and procedures.
- Build and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in Azure/AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services. Use native Azure/AWS infrastructure services such as Azure SQL, Blob, EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Basic system administration tasks such as configuring servers and applications, automating routine tasks, backup/restore, etc.
- Serve on the on-call team, and as an escalation contact for service incidents and participate in our once-a-month Sunday maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment, and operations.
- Work collaboratively with all participants in agile software development project and support developers and testers.
- Provision new customer accounts, including complex orders, working with Progress Sales/Professional Services.
- Provide feedback to Progress R&D efforts to re-architect, expand and improve SaaS offerings.
- Automate everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem
- Script with deployment automation tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Implement automated high-availability deployments
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution.
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience as a Senior CloudOps Engineer (or similar position) in a production capacity
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows, some Linux, Automation Tools (Teraform, Ansible or Puppet), Azure/AWS Services (Blob, Network, ALB/ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Shell, Python, PowerShell or other).
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Hands-on experience in working with security systems including firewalls, intrusion protection/detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and content filtering etc.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as (cloud) Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (DDOS, SQL injections, person-in-the-middle, etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security, etc.
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS.
- A track record of delivering application automation using these automation tools.
- A willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur, and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
- Experience with cloud hosted apps/service (Azure/AWS experience preferred) and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the Cloud
- Possess knowledge of systems infrastructure with domain expertise in areas such as networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree.
- Proven ability to adhere to policies, standards and procedures related to change control and other operational best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with PCI/HIPAA/SOC2 compliance.
Must be willing to work in EST time zone [11 PM to 7 AM IST]
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave, Casual leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans