We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior CloudOps Engineer in our Core Products Cloud Operations team.
Our CloudOps team is responsible for the deployment, management, security, and troubleshooting of complex cloud based SaaS, PaaS, and dedicated services offerings for or a wide array of customers. Reporting to the CloudOps Engineering Manager, the CloudOps Engineer is part of a team comprised of self-driven, passionate IT professionals who have extensive experience in managing and securing cloud infrastructures. Our seasoned experts operate with complete integrity and are relentless in providing a great customer experience with our SaaS and PaaS offerings. You will be an integral part of our 24x7x365 emergency support model providing support for our services on a global scale.
As a member of the team you will be expected to:
- Protect the systems from data breaches at all times – this is the highest priority responsibility.
- Remain compliant with PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and SOC2 written polices, standards and procedures.
- Build and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in Azure/AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services. Use native Azure/AWS infrastructure services such as Azure SQL, Blob, EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc.
- System administration tasks such as configuring servers and applications, automating routine tasks, backup/restore, etc.
- Serve on the on-call team, and as an escalation contact for service incidents and participate in our once a month Sunday maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Work collaboratively with all participants in agile software development project and support developers and testers.
- Provision new customer accounts, including complex orders, working with Progress Sales/Professional Services.
- Provide feedback to Progress R&D efforts to re-architect, expand and improve our SaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Automate everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem
- Experience with deployment automation tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Implement automated high-availability deployments
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution.
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Solid experience as a CloudOps/Sys Engineer (or similar position) in a production capacity
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows, Linux, Automation Tools (Terraform, Ansible or Puppet), Azure/AWS Services (Blob, Network, ALB/ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Shell, Python, PowerShell or other).
- Hands-on experience in working with security systems including firewalls, intrusion protection/detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and content filtering etc.
- Kubernetes or similar experience
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Knowledge of security concepts such as (cloud) Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (DDOS, SQL injections, person-in-the-middle, etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security, etc.
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS.
- A track record of delivering application automation using these automation tools.
- A willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur, and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
- Experience with cloud hosted apps/service (Azure/AWS experience preferred) and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the Cloud
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure with domain expertise in areas such as networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance, etc.
- Proven ability to adhere to policies, standards and procedures related to change control and other operational best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with PCI/HIPAA/SOC2 compliance.
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with energy and enthusiasm, we want to hear from you. What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!