Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Senior BI Analyst in our Sofia office, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
This job will start as a remote (work-from-home) one but come January 2022, given local conditions allow, is expected to transition into a hybrid role - dividing time between our Sofia office and working remotely.
The Business Intelligence team is an exciting blend of data, business, and technology. Through the use of industry-leading technologies, the BI team at Progress designs and develops enterprise-wide reporting, visualizations and analytic solutions. We turn raw data into actionable insight and enable our stakeholders to make smarter, data-driven decisions. This new individual will be part of a fast-paced, team-centric environment committed to delivering strategic and operational insight to key business executives and decision makers across the organization. You will actively support the Sales, Marketing and Support organizations…to name a few.
At their core, BI analysts at Progress are strong in quantitative data analysis, but also want to balance that with their interest in business. BI stands at the intersection of the business and IT; and standing at this intersection provides a premier opportunity to further develop your career in data and analytics while being exposed to many aspects of the business.
- Work with internal customers and business operations resources to coordinate BI development efforts
- Develop smart, compelling dashboards and reports to track KPI’s, identify trends, and monitor the business
- Provide actionable insights to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Break down high-level business problems into specific questions which can then be answered through data-driven analysis
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and effectively develop and communicate solutions to solve these complex business problems
- Bachelor`s degree in a business or quantitative field
- Solid experience in an analytical role - we expect you to know your craft inside out.
- Expert in solving challenges for Marketing, Engineering, Support and Sales organizations using data and analytics
- Expert in creating business and technical requirements
- Expert in creating data source requirements
- Expert in data visualizations tools, preferably Tableau
- Able to drive multiple projects concurrently and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Stellar communication skills in English
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to identify problems and drive solutions
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods as needed
- Experience with data originating from Oracle, Google Analytics, Salesforce and Eloqua, or their equivalents
- Experience participating in cross-team business systems projects
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of statistics and machine learning
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!