We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Senior Software Engineer for our team in our Bangalore, India office, or work remotely from another suitable location in India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
As a build systems engineer, you are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a range of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both the quality of our offerings and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. This role is an opportunity to join Progress in building tools, platforms, and services that will allow us to continue to expand our customer base and service portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
Who You Are:
- Implement and improve the whole life cycle of services, from inception and design, monitoring, and metrics to deployment (on-premise and cloud-based), operations, and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities like system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on release management activities, including developing automated deployment and testing tools
- Work as part of an agile team to proactively communicate status and complete deliverables on schedule
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities
- Work on the standardization and documentation of common DevOps procedures
- Participate in the development of new features and bug fixes on Progresses custom build services
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems and guide ticket resolution for our key applications and platforms
- Assist your team and others in diagnosing and correcting build failures
- Teach, mentor, and learn from your team of world class engineers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders of the project including product management, UX, other teams as well as customers
- Strong experience developing software with Ruby or Python
- Experience with CI/CD software such as Buildkite or Jenkins
- Ability to proactively and independently troubleshoot build failures.
- Knowledgeable in bash
- Familiar with Linux system internals.
- Comfortable with cloud based platforms as well as tools such as Terraform and Docker.
- Have the equivalent of 5 years or more of experience in the systems engineering or software engineering fields.
- An independent self-starter with a willingness to learn new things through experimentation and research
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans