We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to identify and close new Progress software business. This includes the whole Progress portfolio of products with particular focus on our Digital Transformation offerings. In this capacity the SAE will focus on new business and assume ownership of some named accounts driving account strategy to generate license, support and services revenue. This includes management of both direct end users and partner sales. Responsibilities
- Grow the revenues in the territory by developing net new business opportunities for our solutions
- Develop an extensive knowledge base of all assigned accounts, including their business profile, key players, competition, application and technology footprint, buying processes, compelling events, political environment and strategies
- Identify and secure a diverse set of relationships with the key decision maker(s) and/or multiple constituents; encompassing enablement, the selling and buying cycle perspectives, within our existing and target customers plus partners.
- Generate revenue/bookings; license, subscription, services and new maintenance across On-Premise and Cloud offerings that lead to market penetration
- Take responsibility for acquiring industry, product, solution and or workflow knowledge across all platforms, applications and all products and applying towards quota attainment (commensurate w/ role) i.e. product seminars and SPARK Labs.
- Analyze competitive landscape, use cases, champions and frameworks to demonstrate differentiation and to win against the competition
- Become a sales hunter by adopting a cadence of discovery and positioning with prospect/customer that enables an aligned value offering; ask the right questions to figure out how our technology, services, solutions will fit/enhance the business
- Build strong customer references by consistently setting realistic expectations early in each sales campaign and meeting or exceeding those expectations through successful execution of Progress’ Customer Engagement Model (CEM).
- Build an Account Plan for assigned target accounts, keeping them up-to-date on an ongoing basis and sharing its content with the virtual account team members.
- Seek to expand and strengthen Progress’ presence by establishing proactive relationships with influential people, both within the customer and related third parties.
- Attend and participate in customer team meetings, and leads these as appropriate, and communicate regularly with virtual team members to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify, pursue, and close new sales opportunities through the execution of the CEM
- A proven “hunter” with a track record managing and developing large enterprise accounts.
- Documented record of exceeding quotas and developing net new business.
- A minimum of 8+ years in IT direct and/or partner sales of which negotiating and selling software into corporate accounts should have been for a minimum of 5 years.
- Familiarity with IT industry selling methodologies such as Challenger or SPIN, customer engagement models and CRM applications (e.g. SalesForce.Com)
- Ability to support and manage the entire sales process from prospecting through close.
- Must be technical enough to come up to speed on products quickly and deliver feedback in relation to deals
- Ability to travel approximately 50-75% of the time, primarily within your Geography
For more information about this role, please contact Sevket Ozcan on +44 (0) 1344360444