Kinvey’s goal is to transform how businesses interact with people, data, and devices in the age of mobility. We do this by empowering developers and IT with the next generation software for delivering the mobile-enabled applications their customers, employees, and partners need. Our Backend as a Service (BaaS) platform, recently recognized by Forrester as the #1 mobile development platform, makes it possible for developers to build applications twice as fast and at half the cost while giving Enterprise IT the control and security they have to have.
You know how to effectively uncover an enterprise organization’s goals and challenges, and understand their technical environment
You have experience working with senior technology and business leaders to understand their needs. You can lead technical discovery sessions and build rapport with prospects, while gleaning deep insights into their business and environment.
You know how to convey a technical value proposition
You like getting deep into a product to understand how it works and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others. You are comfortable taking ownership of demos, workshops, and POCs. You love taking what you learn from customers and feeding it back to the product, marketing, and sales teams.
You know how to partner with direct sales pros
You’ve been an SE before and have a good feel for when to talk and when to listen. You’re able to take cues from your Sales Director to effectively balance the conversation for all types of customers. You like being the technical subject matter expert and know when — and how — to effectively interject your knowledge and expertise into a conversation.
You can get deep into “tech talk”
Whether it’s a business line owner, an IT professional, or an engineer, you can get into the weeds on how we solve problems and create a value proposition, and also get out. You’re comfortable communicating over the phone, in-person, and in writing (including SOWs & RFPs).
You like to code
While you’re thrilled that coding isn’t your full time job, the opportunity to hack together prototypes as part of a sales campaign is quite welcome. Breaking out your coding skills to wow a client with a slick client application, deliver a pitch-perfect POC, or prove that that pesky integration is actually a piece of cake are your favorite party tricks.
You’re fascinated by mobile
Mobile apps and technology are integral to your day to day. Enterprise businesses are just beginning to realize why they need mobile apps and how complex it is to “do it right” across devices & platforms, and the thought of helping businesses succeed with their mobile app strategy and execution is deeply appealing.
We love what we do. You should, too!
- 3+ years of Enterprise SE experience
- Experience working with a range of common Enterprise technologies (e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM, HP, Microsoft, Salesforce) and architectures / technologies (SOA, Client-Server, ESBs, API Management)
- Angular development experience
- Mobile app development experience
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to interact with developers, architects, business owners, and end users
- Sufficient experience and aptitude with mobile to speak credibly about mobile libraries, REST, enterprise integration and other relevant technologies
- Ability to gracefully handle and address customer questions and issues on the fly and to be innovative in solving customer challenges
- Ability to collaboratively troubleshoot issues and drive resolutions with Support and Product Management
- Experience partnering with Professional Services organizations to define Proposals & Statements of Work (SOW)
- Willingness to travel
- You have a CS degree
- You’ve built a mobile app
- You’re experienced with Kinvey, Kony, AWS, Azure, Salesforce or other mobile & cloud platform providers
- You have experience working with customers in one or more of the following verticals: Healthcare, Pharma/Biotech, Financial Services, Retail/CPG, Travel/Hospitality, Telco, or Media/Entertainment
- You have experience developing training content, and a willingness to conduct occasional developer training sessions
- You’ve got experience directly as an SE at company focused on Enterprise mobility
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!