Progress Software is currently looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to join our team. As a Sales Engineer, you will be part of the sales account management team that works closely with existing Progress accounts. You will interact with customers and partners in-person and remotely to listen to their needs and map requirements to new Progress product capabilities and services. You will have a set of assigned accounts and you will work with a group of other Sales Engineers to support the sales team. You will learn how to position all Progress solutions and will cross-train on a defined set of Progress products.
About the Role:
- Sales support including documented discovery, solution validation, standard and customized demonstrations, proof of concept/value and actions to advance and close sales opportunities and business partner initiatives.
- Within assigned accounts, work closely with inside or field-based sales account executives to set sales strategy and manage the technical relationship for the account.
- Outside of assigned accounts, work as a member of the SE team that handles requests from various Progress sales teams (product sales, renewal sales, services sales).
- Understand customer business challenges, needs, and objectives. Create presentations, demonstrations, software examples and POC’s that show how Progress can best meet their needs.
- Evangelize - pay attention to relevant market trends and competition and leverage this to advise the sales team and customers.
- Communicate technical and product feedback needs of customers to Progress product management teams.
- Communicate business and technical requirements to Progress professional services team to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Min of 4 years hands-on experience working with Progress products and related industry technology
- Prior SE/PreSales experience working in a sales environment or equivalent customer-facing experience
- Solid familiarity and experience working with the Progress OpenEdge platform including database, ABL language, AppServer, and development tools
- Knowledge or experience working with business rules management systems (BRMS) is a strong bonus
- Knowledge of Web and Mobile application tools and frameworks is a strong bonus
- Awareness of Cloud infrastructure, virtualization and container technologies, SaaS delivery models
- Understanding of traditional and current software development lifecycle management (SDLC) practices and tools is a bonus
- Energetic personality who enjoys working with people and helping customers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Solid presentation skills and experience in the delivery of technical sales oriented presentations