We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Sales Engineer for our Chef product group working from your home office in Central area of United States.JOB SUMMARY:
Chef Software (now part of the Progress Software Corp) is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
Our Chef product group develops the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day are built, deployed, secured, and run with our technologies.
The Sales Engineer lives and works in the intersection between sales and engineering. You are able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business and technical levels. Sales Engineers are the primary technical support for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
You are self-motivated with a proven track record in a senior technical position such as a systems engineer, software engineer or sales engineering. You are comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. You are organized and analytical, and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. While actual travel requirements fluctuate, sometimes dramatically, you should be prepared to travel at least 50% of the time.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Deliver great product demonstrations which tell a story of how our software contributes value to our customers and prospects
- Represent Chef and our solutions to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, MeetUps, etc.
- Keep current on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries
- Act in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account
- Clearly articulate customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Frequently travel throughout sales territory without restriction, sometimes with little notice
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with one or more cloud platforms. This includes, but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP or VMware
- Practical knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- CI/CD tooling experience a plus
- Recent hands on experience in systems engineering/administration and/or software development
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles
- Work directly with customers while showing commitment to their success
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Experience and familiarity of Chef's solutions a huge plus
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!