Job Title: Sales Engineer
About the Team:
We are growing and we are currently looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX. As a Sales Engineer, you will work closely with our sales team and be actively involved with the technical side of the sales process for new and existing customers.
About the Job:
In this role you will be combining both your technical skills and business savvy, you will identify customers’ technical needs and business objectives in order to properly demonstrate how our development tools and solutions work in harmony to meet these requirements. While this role will initially focus on a smaller subset of the Telerik products you will continue to evolve by adding certifications for our other tools and new products as they are introduced.
- Created customized product demonstrations for prospective customers for our entire portfolio of products
- Provided pre-sales support to the sales team and customers throughout the sales cycle
- Collaborated with the sales team to identify customers’ technical challenges and needs in order to design a customized selling strategy
- Worked with clients to identify problems and suggested appropriate corrective measures
- Responded to requests for proposals and requests for information from prospects & customers
- Developed internal presentations and training material for the sales team
- Worked closely with product managers to understand new features and subsequently develop compelling product demonstrations of new functionality
- Researched competing products and understood how our solutions are unique
- Conducted special, release and weekly walkthrough webinars
- Assisted prospects with installation, activation and getting started with our trial software
- Created product videos, blog posts and KB articles
- Relayed product feedback and feature requests to appropriate product teams
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration is preferred
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, prior quality assurance or technical support experience
- Experience with automated testing software such as HP QTP
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies within the .NET platform (ASP.NET, WPF, C#)
- Understanding of development methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, and Waterfall is nice, but not required
- Outstanding presentations skills and experience in the delivery of complex technical and sales oriented presentations
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, technical writing skills are a plus
- Self-driven personality who enjoys working with people
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.