We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Sales Engineer for our Core A Sales group in our Burlington, MA location. Due to COVID 19 pandemic, role will start remotely due to offices being closed for safety, but once we reopen in the future (date TBD) the role will transition into office. Candidates must be local to this location from the beginning.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Create customized product demonstrations for prospective customers and partners (virtual & in person)
- Provided deep technical support to the sales team and customers throughout the sales cycle
- Identify customers’ technical challenges and needs in order to design a customized selling strategy
- Develop internal presentations for key stakeholders and senior executives
- Work with clients to identify problems and suggest appropriate corrective measures
- Respond to requests for proposals and requests for information from prospects & customers
- Provide customers with up to date information about the product, pricing and licensing model
- Research competing products and provided competitor analysis reports to the marketing and development teams
- Generate, qualify, manage, and provide technical assistance to help close deals
- Produce and provide presentations at industry and corporate events
- Applicable experience along with a Bachelor of Computer Science **please note this is NOT a senior role
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions such as HP OpenView, BMC Remedy, Splunk or SolarWinds.
- Knowledge of Secure File Transfer technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure and AWS)
- Previous background in a technical customer-oriented position
- Outstanding presentation skills and experience in the delivery of complex technical and sales-oriented presentations
- Self-driven personality who enjoys working with people
- Experience with web technologies
- Knowledge of internet protocols
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (once company travel ban lifted)
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!