Are you the type of person who tinkers with technology because you enjoy learning how it works? Do you have a fascination with data and the interconnections between software systems? Are you passionate about delivering a great customer experience? If so, then this may be the job for you! We are looking for a Sales Engineer to handle a West Coast Territory. Ideal candidate will live in the San Francisco Bay Area of CA and work remotely.
About the job:
In this Sales Engineering role, you will leverage your deep software technology expertise along with outstanding communication skills to ensure that our customers have a successful evaluation of our data connectivity products.
You will be expected to:
- Partner with both field and inside sales reps to drive revenue growth within existing and new accounts
- Create and deliver compelling software demonstrations, tuned to a particular customer’s environment and their specific business challenges
- Provide sales support both to the sales reps and to customers during their evaluations
- Become a subject matter expert on our products, our customers, and the markets in which we compete
- Demonstrate thought leadership within our portfolio as well as our target markets
A qualified candidate will demonstrate:
**A strong candidate will have 3 or more years of experience in a Sales Engineer role for an enterprise software company. Bonus points for Education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- The ability to quickly gain an understanding of complex software technology
- Credibility with customers by speaking with confidence and accuracy
- Exceptional software troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in several areas of software technology
- A fundamental understanding of data storage technologies and software development
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the delivery of sales presentations to both technical and executive audiences