Are you the type of person who tinkers with technology because you enjoy learning how it works? Do you have a fascination with data and the interconnections between software systems? Are you passionate about delivering a great customer experience? If so, then this may be the job for you! We are looking for a Sales Engineer.
*Though this is a WFH position, ideal candidate will be on the East Coast
About the job:
In this Sales Engineering role, you will leverage your deep software technology expertise along with outstanding communication skills to ensure that our customers have a successful evaluation of our data connectivity products.
You will be expected to:
- Partner with both field and inside sales reps to drive revenue growth within existing and new accounts
- Create and deliver compelling software demonstrations, tuned to a particular customer’s environment and their specific business challenges
- Provide sales support both to the sales reps and to customers during their evaluations
- Become a subject matter expert on our products, our customers, and the markets in which we compete
- Demonstrate thought leadership within our portfolio as well as our target markets
A qualified candidate will demonstrate:
**A strong candidate will have 2-4+ of experience in a Sales Engineer role and have programming experience with Java or similar languages. Bonus points for Education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- The ability to quickly gain an understanding of complex software technology
- Credibility with customers by speaking with confidence and accuracy
- Exceptional software troubleshooting skills
- A fundamental understanding of data storage technologies and data access methods
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the delivery of sales presentations to both technical and executive audiences
- An understanding of both transactional and big data/analytics systems
- The ability to leverage existing programming skills to build custom drivers using API's and a data access SDK