We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Sales Engineer for our team in Japan. .We are looking for a passionate, evangelist type of sales engineer. Must have strong technical knowledge in networking and security, some post-sales experience combined with software pre-sales experience would be a plus. Must be able to communicate in Japanese very well, also need to have a good level of English for internal communication.
You will be responsible for Presales and Post product support to Japan partner and end users, through closely working with US technical team. If you love challenges and learning new things, then we would be happy to hear from you.
- Understand network topology (TCP/UDP) and SNMP, SNMP Trap, ICMP, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, Network Flow protocol
- Understand credential authentication mechanism such as AD, SSH, WMI, Telnet, AWS, Azure and SMI
- Understand Network L2/L3 switch, Firewall and Proxy server
- Understand Windows Server, Linux and Unix architecture
- Understand Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL architecture
- VB Script or/and PowerShell script basic coding skill
- To have strong interesting to catch up new technology
- Good team player
- Network products post support experience is better
- Any software product presales support experience is better
- Read/Write/Speak in Japanese (Mandatory)
- Read/Write in English and be able to communicate internal organization in English
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!