Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. We are looking for a Sales Engineer for our sales team in Australia and New Zealand.
Progress has been delivering the platform and tools that organisations need to develop and deploy mission-critical business applications for over 38 years. Progress customers span the globe and include thousands of partners that build their business application offerings on Progress, and tens of thousands of organisations using Progress to build their own mission-critical applications.
Our Australia team is growing, and we are looking for candidates who enjoy a fast-paced environment within a fun and dynamic team setting -we have an excellent opportunity for an exceptional Sales Engineer with educational background in IT/Business Systems with 4 plus years’ experience as a Sales Engineer. You will be working predominantly with our sales team, partners and direct clients for our Sitefinity DXP Product family
Some of the activities you will perform include:
- Understanding, documenting and developing strategic plans for our partners’ technical needs in the DXP space.
- Working alongside business development in creating technical solutions for prospective customers in the large enterprise space
- Working to create and deliver compelling technical software demonstrations, Proof-Of-Concepts and working collaboratively with your International Presales peers and Product Development teams to produce exceptional technical solutions to our customers’ business problems
- Building customized product demonstrations based on customers' specific needs
- Crafting and delivering online webinars, technical blog writing and attending other regional and international marketing events
- Providing Creating solution technicalarchitecture for new client projects together with guidance to the local sales team, partners and direct customers throughout the sales cycle[MK1]
- Identifying and mapping customers’ technical challenges and needs to design a customized selling strategy
- Working with clients to identify problems and suggest appropriate corrective measures in existing installations, to identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Positioning other products from the Progress portfolio of products and services throughout the sales cycle based on customer need
- Providing customers with up to date information about product roadmaps and working with Product Management to be the "voice of the customer"
- Building your own personal training plan to facilitate ongoing personal growth and professional development to enhance your own skills and marketability
- Work alongside strategic partners and customers, becoming their trusted advisor around their tailored technology strategy
To help you identify if this is the right opportunity for you, please consider the following check-points of the type of persona we’re looking for:
- A background with SI, agency or vendor side, ideally in Microsoft ecosystem
- Focus on Digital Experience solutions
- Solution sales focused
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Ideally Asome background and keen interest in industry Digital Experience platforms with a view to champion the Progress Sitefinity product offerings
- Understanding of the concepts of Object Oriented Programming with a view to learning our industry leading Digital Experience platforms
- Excellent presentation skill and be able to tell a great story is essential and experience in the delivery of complex technical and sales-oriented presentations
- Self-driven personality who enjoys working with people and solving tangible business needs
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written
If you're a person who is self-sufficient, who likes to think like an architect in terms of systems and processes ; if you enjoy working collaboratively in an internationally dispersed and diverse team in a company recognised for its state of the art technology, then this is a great opportunity to enhance your career.