We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Pre-Sales Support Engineer
in Sofia. The role will be working directly with our MOVEit product line.About the Team:
The team is part of our worldwide field sales organization supporting team members in the UK, Nordics, Southern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The focus is on Progress’ Managed File Transfer product, MOVEit, assisting our partners and end-users with the understanding, configuration and troubleshooting of our products. We are a close-knit, passionate team who likes to work hard and have fun while doing it!About the Role:
In this role, you will provide technical support to our customers and partners and will handle technical issues of the highest complexity without supervision. You need to be very knowledgeable about internal procedures, processes, and tools. As you will be the go-to person for field sales colleagues, you need to be an excellent team player and communicator with great diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. What you will do:
- Provide technical assistance to evaluators, customers, resellers and Progress employees via telephone, Screen sharing tools, face to face or any other available communication option.
- Assist with the configuration, use, and maintenance of our software products
- Follow the internal processes and procedures of the role
- Help diagnose and explain external hardware and software issues that affect the use and/or configuration of our software (e.g., environmental or network)
- Provide customers with information about Progress products and resources
- Support new company products with the appropriate level of on the job training
- Interact professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable react calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers
- Provide Development with clear and complete information, when carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary. Help document product defects and feature requests clearly in the appropriate systems.
- Demonstrate and apply a good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing content - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, etc.)
- Review product documentation, identify topics needing improvement and is able to contribute
- Responsible for professional self-development by attending formal and informal training (webinars, white papers) offered within the office and externally based on your development plan agreed with your manager. Option to enroll in Progress-sponsored security training resulting in certification through organizations such as CompTIA, SANS and (ISC)2
- Participate in forums, respond to technical questions, sharing product knowledge with colleagues
- Travel occasionally
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with energy, enthusiasm and an appetite to learn we want to hear from you.What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:Compensation
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience
- Managed File Transfer (MFT) experience
- Extensive experience with Windows OS and networking concepts
- Solid experience in software technical support, customer-facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills
- Excellent English mandatory and bilingual given extra consideration (Italian preferred).
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large number of cases efficiently and effectively.
- Considerable knowledge of internet and common domain protocols (FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SSH, DNS, TCP, IPv4)
- Experience with Web Server technology, especially IIS configuration, and troubleshooting
- Experience with packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump)
- Experience with VMWare and/or other Virtualization products
- Database experience – Microsoft SQL Server, database management tools, ability to write SQL statements; ability to read a schema a plus
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customers’ technical issues
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to maintain, organize and prioritize workload
Vacation, Family, and Health:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Аnd even more perks
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!