This key sales leader is responsible for managing all sales activities in their respective region, for implementing and executing against the company’s business strategy. This position requires an individual who is able to develop and enhance strong relationships with new as well as existing partners and customers. The sales model is a mix of direct and channel sales supporting the key partners.
They will motivate the sales team, resolving conflicts, removing barriers and providing positive recognition and feedback. The Director will engage in continual coaching of team members to bring discipline into the selling process and to ensure that the team always contains top caliber players.
In addition, the SD will facilitate cross-functional collaboration within the Progress organization including Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Professional Services, Finance and Legal and will facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers, which will be measured by their yields, reference ability and customer satisfaction levels.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain and raise further the profile of Progress Software in the Region and therefore must possess the competencies and experience to be comfortable with conference speaking and press/public relations activities.
- As a senior member of the EMEA Management team, contribute significantly to the overall strategic vision of the region.
- Bring new solutions to market and scale sales performance.
- Deliver and drive a detailed yearly business plan for the region.
- Motivate and manage the field sales team to achieve and surpass quota. Build a solid customer pipeline, introducing solid sales processes that provide a disciplined approach for successful selling philosophies
- Develop, nurture and coach existing partners; Enable new partners to take full advantage of the Progress offerings designed to support their vertical and horizontal go to market strategies. The development of Partner Account Plans, clearly defining accountabilities and commitments of both parties is a required part of the Partner management cadence.
- Establish accurate sales revenue forecasting procedures.
- Collaborate with customers and internal teams to design mutually profitable growth business arrangements
- Develop, implement and evaluate performance objectives and measures, focusing on overall customer satisfaction.
- Attract, recruit, hire as well as coach and develop quality sales professionals.
- Assist sales team in customer presentations and contract negotiations.
- Ensure that your team complies with all Progress personnel, sales, proposal and contract policies. Ensure that all information is updated in Salesforce.com in a timely manner for your entire team. Maintain appropriate levels of involvement in customer issues requiring resolution, including invoices, billings and accounts receivables.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Specific experience and demonstrative success in the Cloud platform or from an application development sales background.
- Excellent business acumen and a proven track record of building and developing indirect business through innovation and creativity.
- A strong personal network of business contacts throughout the software industry, with a high level of credibility within the Americas market.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding revenue targets.
- A proven track record in communicating and interacting successfully with executive management.
- Extensive experience in bringing new products to market.
- Extensive experience growing key direct end user business and relationships.
- A strong desire to participate in customer calls, to lead by example and to help close business.
- At least 5 years Director level experience
- Demonstrated successful track record in recruiting, hiring and retaining strong, talented individuals.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated team motivational skills, an inspirational team leader, as well as a team player.
- Excellent sales management and sales executive coaching skills focused on improving individual performance.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a sense of urgency throughout the organization, to drive important initiatives to completion
For more info about this role, please contact Sevket Ozcan.
- A strong personal network throughout and within Progress partner network of Independent Software Vendors is required; Prior experience operating within an ISV, OEM or SI is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience and credibility to negotiate and close sales at board level - CEO, CIO, CFO.
- An inspirational team leader who can create a "buzz", inject energy and motivate a team of employees and partners.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a distinct advantage in the Region if business is conducted in local language.