Job Title: Sales Compensation Analyst
About the Team:
We are a team with constant stream of fun challenges to solve with the resources to solve them. We have a friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people. This is your chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting edge products that impacts millions of people worldwide through your ideas. We have dynamic opportunities for professional growth and have social and benefits program that allow you to concentrate on your job and career. We are a company that pays as much as it can give rather than as little as it can get away with.
About the Job:
Progress is seeking a Sales Compensation Analyst who will support the operational needs, analysis and administration of field compensation plans in the Americas (North America and CALA). This role helps to administer and calculate the compensation payouts, create performance reporting and analysis, and function as the primary contact to the Field on commission inquiries. The Sales Compensation Analyst will be a key member of the Finance and Operations team.
- Demonstrate ownership of the monthly/quarterly incentive compensation calculations for the Americas sales organization; including compiling and verifying transactional data and calculations and preparing monthly reports for management, accounting, and human resources
- Respond to commissions and bonus inquiries that include conducting research and preparing commission related adjustments
- Maintain sales employee personnel details and plans for implementation in the Incentive Compensation System, Xactly Incent
- Create, route, track and reconcile compensation plans and payments
- Perform monthly commission analysis and calculate financial accruals.
- Work on special projects such as process improvements, data and presentations, sox requirements, report building
- Assist with the rollout of compensation plans and new processes tied to the measurement of the compensation plan and goals
- Develop written process documents needed to effectively manage all compensation-related processes within your area of coverage
- BA or BS degree and 1-3 years of experience as a Compensation Analyst or similar experience
- Experience with Xactly and Salesforce.com
- Advanced Excel skills. (e.g. high comfort level with consolidating and joining data, creating formulas, etc)
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic skills and interest in identifying and fixing problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Ability to quickly summarize data findings and effectively communicate results to management
- Experience working with large data sets
- Computer skills: Advanced MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Experience with Tableau or SQL Server, Advanced SQL skills used in a data analytics capacity preferred
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance exposure
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.