Progress Software, a globally active provider of enterprise systems, Web solutions, and support services is seeking a full-time QAD Consultant.
*this role does have the ability to be a WFH vs working out of the Norcross GA office for the right candidate
About The Role:
As a QAD Technical Consultant you will directly support QAD and 3rd party software implementation projects. This includes a range of activities from installation of the software environments, database and data conversions, writing scripts, tailoring the solution to the customers’ requirements, and documenting the system process flows and setup.
The QAD Technical Consultant will work under minimal supervision/guidance, design, maintain and document complex QAD database environments and system performance analysis using QAD technical tools and reporting technologies. This position requires both direct and indirect customer interaction and response to issues raised either by the customer or a project team member. Recommend best practices around database administration, setup, and performance of QAD application systems. Disseminate knowledge and experiences with rest of team.
- 10+ years experience in the QAD and/or Progress/OpenEdge community
- Expert level skills with QAD including both Standard Edition (SE) and Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Experience with QAD EE Installations, including YAB, .NET UI, Qxtend
- Prior experience with Technical upgrades from prior versions of QAD
- Progress OpenEdge ABL Development (4GL programming) – OpenEdge version 10.x or higher
- Exposure to QAD non-core ERP modules, including EAM, WMS, as well as related 3rd Party Applications
- Basic Unix/Linux experience and basic Progress DBA skills
- Ability to analyze business technical requirements from customers and either program or generate technical specifications in accordance with those requirements
- Familiarity with virtualizing environments using VMWare
- Must be self-directed
- Leadership and excellent interpersonal skills needed
- Ability to understand and communicate project plans
- Travel up to 75% may be required
- QAD Product certifications
- Unix/Linux Operating System certifications
- APICS Industry certifications
- SQL programming
- Experience in giving technical training courses
- Manufacturing sector experience