Who we are:
Progress Software (NASDAQ: PRGS) is 20+ year strong software company headquartered in Bedford, MA. Our core product, OpenEdge is used to build, deploy, and protect mission critical business apps across any platform or mobile device.
Are you an engineer that has a passion for testing? Then, this job is for you!
The Impact You’ll Have:
- Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and other testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and create manual and automated tests
- Solving complex technical issues; researching test failures to narrow down problems for defect reports to provide the smallest test case possible.
- Debug and analyze results of automated and manual tests
- Perform regression and performance testing before releases are shipped to customers.
- Create scripts for advanced tests and environments supporting OpenEdge products and its features.
- Mentor other QA engineers
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in software development, preferable in an Agile environment.
- Professional experience coding in C, C++ or python languages
- Experience with Test automation concepts and creating frameworks
- Quality conscious with a strong attention to detail
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Comfortable working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Unix scripting language is a plus!
- Contribute to a platform that over 55,000 organizations use to operate their businesses.
- Be part of a global company with the comfort of a community-driven culture
- Utilize multiple technologies on a daily basis.
- On-site cafeteria, fitness center and game room
- Flexible Vacation + Paid Holidays + your birthday off
- Stock options + annual company bonus
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!