Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a QA Engineer in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
At Kinvey, we are building a platform that makes it possible for mobile and web developers to never have to worry about implementing and operating a backend. Our customers are enterprise companies that want to speed up their development process and reduce their costs. With Kinvey their developers can focus on what brings unique value to the company, as opposed to reinventing what is already available.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the Kinvey product. This includes test case definition, manual testing and implementation of automated tests using code. While the software engineers are responsible for writing the test cases for their code, it is expected that the QA Engineer can review, extend and improve them. To do that you will have to learn to use various testing tools and have a basic understanding of several programming languages. You will be working alongside experienced QA Engineers who will guide you along the way.To succeed in this role, you will need:
Any of the following would make you stand out:
- General knowledge of software development models and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Bug Tracking and backlog systems
- Knowledge of the basics of modern web technologies and protocols (HTML, HTTP, REST)
- Basic experience with REST API automation
- Basic experience with version control systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep to a schedule and work to meet deadlines
- Exceptional ability and eagerness to learn new skills
- Good written and verbal English skills
What we offer in return:Compensation
- Experience with testing of Node.js applications
- Non-functional testing skills like performance, security, reliability
- Any repetitive task automation experience (Bash scripting or other)
- Experience with any CI/CD tools.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Contributor/owner of open-source projects
Vacation, Family, and Health
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
But most importantly, great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite