We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. We are looking for a QA Engineer Intern to join our Xamarin & UWP Team.
Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team is responsible for two sets of UI components - UI for Xamarin and UI for Universal Windows Platform. Both suites help developers decrease the development time by providing rich and powerful components to handle common visualization scenarios. The UI for Xamarin suite help our clients build native Android, iOS, and UWP apps with a single C# codebase. The team uses C#, Objective C, and Java to build both native and Xamarin.Forms components. The team also develops and maintains the UI for Universal Windows Platform suite using C# and the latest platform updates.
Our customers are software developers, like us. They are continuously demanding top quality, clean and intuitive APIs; and we are continuously learning from them.
What will you do?
- Get to know the team testing practices and learn how to use them in the field.
- Perform manual testing of common cases and scenarios.
- Investigate problems and find clear steps to reproduce issues. Log issues in the bug tracking system. Synchronize and clarify bug description and severity with the respective software developers.
- Provide timely validation of fixed bugs.
- Validate product features against existing documentation (public or internal).
- Get to know the team testing framework and start creating UI automation tests.
- Participate in review discussions (e.g. code reviews, test case reviews, automated test reviews, etc.), take feedback from reviewers proactively and improve testing skills.
- Take part in all team processes/activities. Work closely with other team members and roles, including: Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Technical Support Engineers.
What will you need?
- A broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem solving skills.
- Solid ground in fundamental computer science, with academic and basic practical programming experience.
- Knowledge in C#.
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
- Desire to continue with your development as QA Engineer in the company after the end of the internship.
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 15 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- And many other perks
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!